ictenglish - Re: Help with New Entrant class

Subject: ICTs in English

Re: Help with New Entrant class

  • From: "Brett McKersey" <me AT cashmere.school.nz>
  • To: ictenglish AT mailinglist.tki.org.nz
  • Subject: Re: Help with New Entrant class
  • Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 08:00:24 +1300 (NZDT)

Hi

Not sure how it'd work in a classroom, but my son is a new entrant this
year and he loves this website:

http://www.poissonrouge.com/

lots of art, literacy and numeracy activities. My 3 1/2 yr old also loves it.

There is also storybird:

http://storybird.com/

which is a kind of collaborative approach to writing using pictorial prompts.

I've also started my son on a blog, where he takes phots, uploads them to
his blog, and we write a comment or two on the photos.

Brett

> Hi
> ICT and new entrants? I would like to explore some ICT options with my
new entrant class, does anyone have any suggestions?