ictenglish - Re: Help with New Entrant class

Subject: ICTs in English

Re: Help with New Entrant class

  • From: Miriam Tuohy <miriam AT russellst.school.nz>
  • To: ictenglish AT mailinglist.tki.org.nz
  • Subject: Re: Help with New Entrant class
  • Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 10:47:40 +1300

Hi Kaye

The Ministry of Ed funds access to Encyclopedia Britannica Online, Schools Edition (available via the EPIC databases on TKI).

The PreK-8 edition of EB Online includes a section (The Learning Zone) for PreK-Gr2 students with loads of games and online activities that are great for new entrants. Definitely worth a look.

Here is the link to EB Online, you'll need your school's TKI/EPIC login and password to access it.
http://tki.org.nz/r/epic/databases/resources_e.php?resource_id=20#britannica%20online%20school%20edition%20k-8

Cheers!
Miriam