Subject: ICTs in English
- From: Miriam Tuohy <miriam AT russellst.school.nz>
- To: ictenglish AT mailinglist.tki.org.nz
- Subject: Re: Help with New Entrant class
- Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 10:47:40 +1300
The Ministry of Ed funds access to Encyclopedia Britannica Online, Schools Edition (available via the EPIC databases on TKI).
The PreK-8 edition of EB Online includes a section (The Learning Zone) for PreK-Gr2 students with loads of games and online activities that are great for new entrants. Definitely worth a look.
Here is the link to EB Online, you'll need your school's TKI/EPIC login and password to access it.
On 11 February 2010 07:56, Claire Amos <clairevictoriaamos AT hotmail.com> wrote:
Check out the 2009 e-fellows projects - lots of great ideas. http://efellows2009.wikispaces.com/
I was one of them, but was working in a secondary environment, the other e-fellows were all working at different primary levels and some amazing work with introducing and using ICTs in their classrooms. You can access their blogs and projects through the link above. Actually anyone interested in using ICT to improve student literacy at any level should check them out.
> Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 21:54:36 +1300
> From: lindseys AT ihug.co.nz
> To: ictenglish AT mailinglist.tki.org.nz
> Subject: Help with New Entrant class
> ICT and new entrants? I would like to explore some ICT options with my
> new entrant class, does anyone have any suggestions?
> Looking forward to reading some great ideas.
> To unsubscribe from the list, please visit http://englishonline.tki.org.nz/English-Online/Interact/ICTs-in-English.
Browse profiles for Free! Singles online now!
- Help with New Entrant class, Stuart and Susan Lindsey, 02/10/2010
- Re: Help with New Entrant class, Rebecca Nixey, 02/11/2010
- RE: Help with New Entrant class, Claire Amos, 02/11/2010
- Re: Help with New Entrant class, Brett McKersey, 02/11/2010
- RE: Help with New Entrant class, Mandi R, 02/11/2010
- Re: Help with New Entrant class, Grant Fiona, 02/11/2010
- Re: Help with New Entrant class, Lyn, 02/11/2010
- Re: Help with New Entrant class, Nicki Gemmell, 02/11/2010
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.18.