Subject: ICTs in English
- From: Carlos Cordero <carlos.cordero.b AT gmail.com>
- To: ictenglish AT mailinglist.tki.org.nz
- Subject: Re: welcome aboard
- Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 19:07:50 +1300
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=from:mime-version:content-type:subject:date:in-reply-to:to :references:message-id:x-mailer; b=XEsYY6ILjFkooiYcI/7CH0DE8v0lzuYDES62F1HSzEeCNzqFMOIZooKAPqMHMgQvLW yGMZkSGq5eikafZGlo7DCU3x4LUihl22CJmvs4D4Jd/JFJ9hHhBlNs2yPzhvdngJWXgR 8HIP0GE8ZBv5ExjMoaUELM03UoBS37aB14cXQ=
Hello to all,
I am Carlos Cordero and I am a BT in charge of the senior room (Y5-8) at St. Patrick's school in Nightcaps (Southland). I will be using IT across the curriculum with special emphasis in literacy and enquiry. I use a multiliteracies approach to learning.
My classroom is divided in two sections (traditional and creative), each with a smartboard. I have arranged my computers (5 for 17 students) in a hub formation with ample work space for two students each (plus 1 desk of storage space) between both sections of the classroom. I am using Xmarks (xmarks.com) to syncronise bookmarks from my computer to each workstation and manage the classroom's repository of thematic URLs. I have chosen Firefox to replace Explorer for two reasons: ease of use of tabs and availability of add-ins.
I will be glad to share my class' experiences as we use computers to support our learning.
I am looking forward to our discussions and collaborations.
On 10/02/2010, at 7:59 AM, Phil Coogan wrote:
This communication, including any attachments, may contain information which is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient: please contact the sender as soon as possible; delete all copies of this communication; and note that you are not authorised to read, copy, use or disclose any part of this communication to anyone. Thank youHello to the many colleagues who have joined the ICTs in English community over the past two days.I’m Phil Coogan and I’ll be facilitating this community, at least in the interim. I’ll introduce myself a little more fully next week when other colleagues have had a chance to subscribe.In the meantime though, please feel free to start using the community to introduce yourself, share what you are doing – or would like to be doing – with ICTs approaches to e learning in your English/literacy programmes.Just post to: ictenglish AT mailinglist.tki.org.nz or reply to this email.Looking forward to a stimulating and helpful year of discussion and mutual support.RegardsPhil
Dr Phil Coogan
Principal Consultant | Cognition Education Limited
Private Bag 92617, Symonds Street, Auckland 1150, New Zealand
Level 1, Pfizer House, 14 Normanby Road, Mt Eden, Auckland, New Zealand
DDI +64 9 638 4821, Mob +64 27 476 0076, Ph +64 9 638 4760, Fax +64 9 638 4751
- welcome aboard, Phil Coogan, 02/10/2010
- Re: welcome aboard, Sue Wayne, 02/10/2010
- Re: welcome aboard, Grant Fiona, 02/10/2010
- Re: welcome aboard, Carlos Cordero, 02/11/2010
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.18.