ictenglish - Re: welcome aboard

Subject: ICTs in English

Re: welcome aboard

  • From: Carlos Cordero <carlos.cordero.b AT gmail.com>
  • To: ictenglish AT mailinglist.tki.org.nz
  • Subject: Re: welcome aboard
  • Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 19:07:50 +1300

Hello to all,

I am Carlos Cordero and I am a BT in charge of the senior room (Y5-8) at St. Patrick's school in Nightcaps (Southland).  I will be using IT across the curriculum with special emphasis in literacy and enquiry.   I use a multiliteracies approach to learning.

My classroom is divided in two sections (traditional and creative), each with a smartboard.  I have arranged my computers (5 for 17 students) in a hub formation with ample work space for two students each (plus 1 desk of storage space) between both sections of the classroom.  I am using Xmarks (xmarks.com) to syncronise bookmarks from my computer to each workstation and manage the classroom's repository of thematic URLs.    I have chosen Firefox to replace Explorer for two reasons:  ease of use of tabs and availability of add-ins.

I will be glad to share my class' experiences as we use computers to support our learning.

I am looking forward to our discussions and collaborations.

With regards,

Carlos