ictenglish - RE: Help with New Entrant class

Subject: ICTs in English

RE: Help with New Entrant class

  • From: "Col & Don Tombs" <tombstime AT xtra.co.nz>
  • To: <ictenglish AT mailinglist.tki.org.nz>
  • Subject: RE: Help with New Entrant class
  • Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 20:52:27 +1300

Hi
I have year 1 and 2. Some very young year 1's. I use a variety of
applications on the computer during literacy and numeracy. My favourite for
Lit. is www.starfall.com (free) and for numeracy it was
www.rainforestmaths.com (now costs).

However, I also have them using the digital camera for very simple picture
recording, I then download these for them and we use them for written lang,
inquiry, maths etc.

You do have to take it slow to start the year, but they soon pick it up and
they start helping each other.

Just pick what you want to try and do it - but do it more than once - the
first time or two might not go just how you think!

Cheers