ictenglish - ICTs in English Community

Subject: ICTs in English

ICTs in English Community

  • From: Phil Coogan <PCoogan AT cognition.co.nz>
  • To: "ictenglish AT mailinglist.tki.org.nz" <ictenglish AT mailinglist.tki.org.nz>
  • Subject: ICTs in English Community
  • Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 13:06:55 +1300
  • Accept-language: en-US, en-NZ
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US, en-NZ

Hi all

We’re now  a community of 384 and growing.

As promised last week here is a little bit more about me.

I have been a secondary English teacher and head of English, advisor to schools, teacher educator and director of Unitec in Schools and am currently principal consultant for Cognition Education Ltd. I directed the contracts  for the “old” English and ESOL Online websites, along with Arts and Social Studies Online and am still directing Arts Online (http://artsonline.tki.org.nz/).  As part of the former English Online we established an ICTs in English mailing list which gave birth to Fiona Grant’s ICTs in English blog  (http://ictinenglishnz.blogspot.com/) which is a great web based partner to this mailing list.

My  research interests have spanned the teaching of English, ICTs and assessment and my doctorate focused on the intersection of all three. I have been director of six ICT PD clusters and two ICT Strategic Leadership contracts. Work in these clusters gave me the opportunity/privilege of seeing some wonderfully innovative use of ICTs to support English/literacy learning..  In 2008, as part of the INSTEP Consolidation phase, I  managed a project which focused on effective facilitation of online communities of practice

(http://www.cognitionconsulting.co.nz/index.php/our-services/professional-development-and-support/completed-projects/75-instep)

I’m looking forward to facilitating this community and hearing more about the great things happening in your  classrooms – or which you’d like to be happening.

Cheers

Phil

Kind Regards

Dr Phil Coogan
Principal Consultant | Cognition Education Limited

This communication, including any attachments, may contain information which is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient: please contact the sender as soon as possible; delete all copies of this communication; and note that you are not authorised to read, copy, use or disclose any part of this communication to anyone. Thank you

JPEG image