Subject: ICTs in English
- From: Phil Coogan <PCoogan AT cognition.co.nz>
- To: "ictenglish AT mailinglist.tki.org.nz" <ictenglish AT mailinglist.tki.org.nz>
- Subject: ICTs in English Community
- Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 13:06:55 +1300
- Accept-language: en-US, en-NZ
- Acceptlanguage: en-US, en-NZ
We’re now a community of 384 and growing.
As promised last week here is a little bit more about me.
I have been a secondary English teacher and head of English, advisor to schools, teacher educator and director of Unitec in Schools and am currently principal consultant for Cognition Education Ltd. I directed the contracts for the “old” English and ESOL Online websites, along with Arts and Social Studies Online and am still directing Arts Online (http://artsonline.tki.org.nz/). As part of the former English Online we established an ICTs in English mailing list which gave birth to Fiona Grant’s ICTs in English blog (http://ictinenglishnz.blogspot.com/) which is a great web based partner to this mailing list.
My research interests have spanned the teaching of English, ICTs and assessment and my doctorate focused on the intersection of all three. I have been director of six ICT PD clusters and two ICT Strategic Leadership contracts. Work in these clusters gave me the opportunity/privilege of seeing some wonderfully innovative use of ICTs to support English/literacy learning.. In 2008, as part of the INSTEP Consolidation phase, I managed a project which focused on effective facilitation of online communities of practice
I’m looking forward to facilitating this community and hearing more about the great things happening in your classrooms – or which you’d like to be happening.
- Help with New Entrant class, Stuart and Susan Lindsey, 02/10/2010
- Re: Help with New Entrant class, Rebecca Nixey, 02/11/2010
- RE: Help with New Entrant class, Claire Amos, 02/11/2010
- Re: Help with New Entrant class, Brett McKersey, 02/11/2010
- RE: Help with New Entrant class, Mandi R, 02/11/2010
- Re: Help with New Entrant class, Grant Fiona, 02/11/2010
- Re: Help with New Entrant class, Lyn, 02/11/2010
- RE: Help with New Entrant class, Col & Don Tombs, 02/11/2010
- <Possible follow-up(s)>
- Re: Help with New Entrant class, sarahgibbs, 02/11/2010
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.18.