ictenglish - RE: Introduction - ICT Activities

Subject: ICTs in English

RE: Introduction - ICT Activities

  • From: "Bell, Heather" <H.Bell AT massey.ac.nz>
  • To: "'ictenglish AT mailinglist.tki.org.nz'" <ictenglish AT mailinglist.tki.org.nz>
  • Subject: RE: Introduction - ICT Activities
  • Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 15:51:38 +1300
  • Accept-language: en-US, en-NZ
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US, en-NZ

You might want to try http://rm7methven.blogspot.com/ for your blogspot
address Jan
Cheers, Heather B

-----Original Message-----
From: Jan Anderson
[mailto:janderson AT methven.school.nz]

Sent: Monday, 22 February 2010 3:08 p.m.
To:
ictenglish AT mailinglist.tki.org.nz

Hi Jan Anderson here from Methven Primary School.
Have you looked at using Availll - DVD literacy programme, we have
used this along with integrating G rated x box games into our
integrated planning. We had Canterbury University also bring out a wii
for students to blog about there experience on the game. Look at our
blog
rm7methven AT blogspot.com
( work unedited!) The xbox and
Availll combined were a fantastic experience in class.
We have been using a range of Web 2.0 tools in our classrooms - google
sketchup. We are using Blooms and Gardiners throughout our reading
activites - including incorporating "scratch" an animation programme.
Students can retell stories, put a story into cartoon form etc.
Scratch is a free download from MIT for both macs and p.c's. It has
help cards you can print off for every step enabling students to
interpret visual steps of simple programming and develop there own
animation/game. A Queensland school Kurwongbah State School -
kurwongbss.eq.edu.au/thinking/thinking.htm has some great sights for
supporting your literacy program with ict and thinking skills
intrinsically integrated.
Hope some of these help.
Jan