ictenglish - Profiling your use of Digistore and Software for Learning

Subject: ICTs in English

Profiling your use of Digistore and Software for Learning

  • From: Phil Coogan <PCoogan AT cognition.co.nz>
  • To: "ictenglish AT mailinglist.tki.org.nz" <ictenglish AT mailinglist.tki.org.nz>
  • Subject: Profiling your use of Digistore and Software for Learning
  • Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 13:44:29 +1300
  • Accept-language: en-US, en-NZ
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US, en-NZ

Hi all

During the course of this year, we are looking to profile on English, ESOL, and Literacy Online, teachers’ contextualised use in literacy/English/ESOL classrooms of:

·         Learning objects located on Digistore (recently re-launched at: http://digistore.tki.org.nz/ec/p/home)

·         Applications listed on Software for Learning (http://softwareforlearning.tki.org.nz/) or other freely available applications.

If you are making use of these learning objects or applications with your students, we would love to hear from you. If you could contact me with a brief outline of what you are doing (the learning level and context and how an application or learning object is supporting student learning) we can take it from there. We envisage a process involving:

·         Selection of those  case studies we wish to profile based on curriculum alignment, innovation, excitement, transferability across contexts and coverage of levels and modes

·         Contacting those teachers whose examples we wish to profile, including with details of payment for their time

·         Providing a short template to be completed, which includes guidance about expectations

·         Quality assurance and perhaps further discussion with the teacher about aspects needing amplification or exemplification

·         Publication on either English, Literacy or ESOL Online.

Looking forward to hearing from you and to sharing some great practice.

Regards

Phil

Dr Phil Coogan
Principal Consultant | Cognition Education Limited
Private Bag 92617, Symonds Street, Auckland 1150, New Zealand
Level 1, Pfizer House, 14 Normanby Road, Mt Eden, Auckland, New Zealand
DDI +64 9 638 4821, Mob +64
27 476 0076, Ph +64 9 638 4760, Fax +64 9 638 4751

www.cognition.co.nz

This communication, including any attachments, may contain information which is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient: please contact the sender as soon as possible; delete all copies of this communication; and note that you are not authorised to read, copy, use or disclose any part of this communication to anyone. Thank you

JPEG image

  • Profiling your use of Digistore and Software for Learning, Phil Coogan, 02/25/2010