ictenglish - [ICTs in English] e-portfolios in English

Subject: ICTs in English

[ICTs in English] e-portfolios in English

  • From: Karen Melhuish <karen.melhuish AT learningmedia.co.nz>
  • To: listserv ICT in English <ictenglish AT mailinglist.tki.org.nz>
  • Subject: [ICTs in English] e-portfolios in English
  • Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 14:44:42 +1200

Hi all,

I have just read an article in the recent Ed Gazette about the use of e-portfolios being used at Albany High School:
http://www.edgazette.govt.nz/Articles/Article.aspx?ArticleId=8067

I was wondering whether anyone on this forum had started to trial their use, eg. to encourage students to capture goals, track progress against the Key Competencies, build writing portfolios and so on.  Maria Kalasih from Kapiti, discussed the use of writing portfolios on the English forum recently - how might we capture this kind of holistic approach online? Could we use them to extend and share wide reading experiences?

The eLearning Research Network (http://elearningresearchnetwork.ning.com/has a thread running on one of their forums about this and it would be great to diiscuss how we are (or would like to use them) in an English context.

What do you think? Got something to share?

Karen

Karen Melhuish
  |  Online Professional Learning
Learning Media Online Learning network: http://learning-media-pd-online.wikispaces.com/

Twitter: virtuallykaren I Skype: karenmelhuish

The content of this email message and any attachments may be confidential and/or legally privileged.
If we have sent you this message by mistake, we apologise. Please let Learning Media know by return email,
and delete all copies of this message and its attachments. Please be aware that any use, copying, or reference
to an email message you received in error is strictly prohibited. To contact our email administrator directly,
send to postmaster AT learningmedia.co.nz.
Thank you.

Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail

  • [ICTs in English] e-portfolios in English, Karen Melhuish, 05/31/2010