ictenglish - [ICTs in English] Re: Cellphones in classrooms on Campbell Live

Subject: ICTs in English

[ICTs in English] Re: Cellphones in classrooms on Campbell Live

  • From: "janice wiri" <jwiri AT woodville.school.nz>
  • To: ictenglish AT mailinglist.tki.org.nz
  • Subject: [ICTs in English] Re: Cellphones in classrooms on Campbell Live
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 19:49:23 +1200 (NZST)

Evening,
At my last school I used voice thread as a way to share oral language, and
to peer assess oral language activities. This was a sole charge school.
The following is a link to a blog post I made in 2008, and has three
examples.
http://janiceww.blogspot.com/2008/06/voice-threads.html

At my present school I have used powerpoint to get my year 4 class to do
digital story telling.

Janice

> Follow this link to check out the Campbell Live story about Howick
> College's use of Cellphones on Classroom. A nice round up for our week of
> online discussion I thought!
>
> http://www.3news.co.nz/Howick-College-embraces-cell-phone-technology/tabid/367/articleID/161603/Default.aspx
>
> I thought we might have a bit of a weekly theme - next week I would love
> to hear about how technology is being used to develop skills around
> speaking and listening. The explicit teaching of oral/aural skills can
> sometimes get a little lost (particularly in secondary) English
> programmes. The intergration of tools such as Easi-Speak microphones and
> software such as Audacity can be useful for developing students in this
> area. Any ideas and/learning stories would be great to hear.
>
> Info about Audacity on Software for Learning
> http://softwareforlearning.tki.org.nz/Products/Audacity
>
> Cheers
>
> Claire
>
> Claire Amos
> ICTs in English

> Attention:
> This e-mail message is privileged and confidential. If you are not the
> intended recipient please delete the message and notify the sender.
> Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author.
>
> This e-mail has been scanned and cleared by MailMarshal
> www.marshalsoftware.com

Janice Wiri
Woodville School