ictenglish - [ICTs in English] Changes to the NZQA Website.

Subject: ICTs in English

[ICTs in English] Changes to the NZQA Website.

  • From: Karen Melhuish <karen.melhuish AT learningmedia.co.nz>
  • To: English listserv Secondary <secondaryenglish AT mailinglist.tki.org.nz>, ESOL listserv Secondary <secondaryesol AT mailinglist.tki.org.nz>, ESOL listserv Primary <primaryesol AT mailinglist.tki.org.nz>, listserv Literacy <literacy AT mailinglist.tki.org.nz>, Literacy Online List Serv <literacyonlinelist AT learningmedia.co.nz>, listserv ICT in English <ictenglish AT mailinglist.tki.org.nz>
  • Subject: [ICTs in English] Changes to the NZQA Website.
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 06:34:00 +1200

Hi all,
For those of you who have various NZQA pages bookmarked / linked at school, just circulating an update about...

"Changes to the NZQA Website.

On Monday 28 June, NZQA will unveil a new-look website.  It represents a significant step-forward, both in updating the 'look and feel', and laying a platform for further innovation and enhancements.

The current site is now more than 6 years old, and a lot has happened in the online world in that time.  The new site design reflects new thinking and best practice content structure and page design.  In addition, the design reflects the evolution of NZQA into an organisation focussed on delivering exemplary customer service and excellence in it's own practice.

So, what does this mean for you and your school?

Above all, it means your familiar pathways to content will have changed -  links from your own website to NZQA content will be 'broken' and need updating.

Please pass this message to colleagues responsible for managing your website, who may need to be aware of "broken links".

We have endeavoured, where practical, to arrange for sensible re-directions from old page locations to new ones.  However, as the content has been fundamentally re-structured this is not possible in many cases.

Once the site goes live on Monday, you may want to spend some time a) familiarising yourselves with the new site structure, and b) identifying broken links and updating them as appropriate.

Access to the secure area of the website
There will be NO change to the content, navigation or functionality of the secure areas of the NZQA site, but these  too will have the new look.
If you have any problems locating content from Monday, please feel free to call our Contact Centre on 04 463 3000.

If you have any other questions, call the Comms team on the same number, or me on the number below.

Regards

Steve Rendle
Team Leader - Communications"

Cheers
Karen

Karen Melhuish
  |  Online Professional Learning
________________________________________________________________________________________________________

E: karen.melhuish AT learningmedia.co.nz   I   DDI: 04.472.5522 x8222   I   Mob: 021.110.9036  I  www.learningmedia.co.nz
Learning Media | PO Box 3293 | 22-28 Willeston Street | Wellington | New Zealand

The content of this email message and any attachments may be confidential and/or legally privileged.
If we have sent you this message by mistake, we apologise. Please let Learning Media know by return email,
and delete all copies of this message and its attachments. Please be aware that any use, copying, or reference
to an email message you received in error is strictly prohibited. To contact our email administrator directly,
send to postmaster AT learningmedia.co.nz.
Thank you.

Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail

  • [ICTs in English] Changes to the NZQA Website., Karen Melhuish, 06/25/2010