Sympa Menu

ictenglish - [ICTs in English] RE: Got an e-learning story to share?

Subject: ICTs in English

[ICTs in English] RE: Got an e-learning story to share?

  • From: "Catherine Lee" <le AT eggs.school.nz>
  • To: <ictenglish AT mailinglist.tki.org.nz>
  • Subject: [ICTs in English] RE: Got an e-learning story to share?
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 12:17:32 +1200

Hi Claire,
I've had success with a project using video inspired by Rattle ya dags.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_IjAArnfnM&feature=youtu.be

The task was for my Y9 English students to create a short presentation (30
seconds or so) that would be inspirational for other teenagers -- either
'life lessons' or what they would tell students entering our school as new
Y9s. We used wallwisher to create the success criteria, & I put a selection
(mostly ones with young women in them) of the videos on Moodle. We looked at
several of them together as a class too. A few technical hiccups, but fun, &
some lovely videos.
I could write this up more fully for you if required.
Regards
Catherine

Catherine Lee
Teacher Librarian
T +64 9 9706741

Silver Rd, Epsom, Auckland 1023, New Zealand
T +64 9 630 5963    F +64 9 638 9143
www.eggs.school.nz
This email message is privileged and confidential. If you are not the
intended recipient please delete  the message  and notify the sender.
Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author.