Sympa Menu

ictenglish - [ICTs in English] ICTs in English Update - Term 4 Week 2

Subject: ICTs in English

[ICTs in English] ICTs in English Update - Term 4 Week 2

  • From: "Claire Amos" <am AT eggs.school.nz>
  • To: <ictenglish AT mailinglist.tki.org.nz>, <secondaryenglish AT mailinglist.tki.org.nz>
  • Subject: [ICTs in English] ICTs in English Update - Term 4 Week 2
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 12:18:36 +1300

Last Week on ICTs in English

There was a continuation of the discussion around the topic of ‘Using Twitter as a PLN’

There were several great recommendations:

From Simon Evans:

http://softwareforlearning.tki.org.nz/Products/Twitter/%28language%29/eng-NZ
There is a full write up about twitter and some useful links on the Software for Learning website for teachers starting out.

From Tamara Yuill Proctor:

I have found Twitter a useful way to gather information/resources over the past couple of months. I did a collaborative paper where one of the tools  I looked at was Twitter  - a small section of this is posted on my blog: http://tamypblog.blogspot.com/ if anyone wants to have a look.

From Fiona Grant:

http://goo.gl/DhJT - A Twitteraholic's Guide to tweets, hashtags, and all things Twitter by Sue Waters

And Allanah King:

This wiki of Twitter types may help you. http://socialnetworking4teachers.wikispaces.com/Tweople+to+Learn+From

Other contributors also offered up their “Who I follow” lists for inspiration

Kelly Faulkner - @kiwispouse

Karen Melhuish - @virtuallykaren

And for those who can’t bring themselves to peruse twitter itself, I really like this software that allows you to read Twitter links of the people you follow as if it were a newspaper!

http://paper.li/

You can even view twitter entries about a specific topic (posts identified with a specific keyword – referred to as a hash tag on Twitter). Here is one for #edtech

http://paper.li/tag/edtech

By using this, you could even follow topics from Twitter without even joining Twitter – but what fun would that be!?

This week I would love to hear from you about how you are integrating or combining software and websites for you students – do you combine Moodle and Google Docs, or wikis and blogs?

All the best for Week 2!

Cheers

Claire

Claire Amos

Facilitator: ICTs in English community

www.englishonline.tki.org.nz

Archived updates are available online at: http://ictinenglishnz.blogspot.com

  • [ICTs in English] ICTs in English Update - Term 4 Week 2, Claire Amos, 10/18/2010

Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.18.

Top of Page