Sympa Menu

ictenglish - [ICTs in English] Re: RE: Re: Flips

Subject: ICTs in English

[ICTs in English] Re: RE: Re: Flips

  • From: Lyn Groves <lgroves AT aimhi.ac.nz>
  • To: <ictenglish AT mailinglist.tki.org.nz>
  • Subject: [ICTs in English] Re: RE: Re: Flips
  • Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 15:50:58 +1300

Hi there

I have a Vado but it is similar to a flip. I have used it to invite
discussion with teachers from maths, science, social sciences and English
who might be having behaviour management concerns or want to see how they
come across to students. I keep the filming short, about 5 minutes of an
area the teacher would like to improve in and watching the video with that
teacher. It generates very good discussion as long as the teacher is
willing. In fact, I do not video if the teacher might fell threatened. I
have been surprised how open the teachers have been in their own critiquing.
I hand hold the Vado as it is less obvious to students.
Regards
Lyn

On 10/03/11 3:23 PM, "Kerri Jopp"
<krw AT waimataitai.school.nz>