Sympa Menu

ictenglish - [ICTs in English] Fabulous poetry TED talk

Subject: ICTs in English

[ICTs in English] Fabulous poetry TED talk

  • From: "Claire Amos" <am AT eggs.school.nz>
  • To: <secondaryenglish AT mailinglist.tki.org.nz>, <ictenglish AT mailinglist.tki.org.nz>, "English" <English AT eggs.school.nz>
  • Subject: [ICTs in English] Fabulous poetry TED talk
  • Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2011 07:55:24 +1300

Hi all,

Check out Sarah Kay's TED talk - If I should have a daughter
It is great mixture of spoken word and poetry writing seminar, would be fabulous to use in its entirety with any senior English students or keen writers or lovers of poetry from any level.
http://www.ted.com/talks/sarah_kay_if_i_should_have_a_daughter.html

Info from the TED website:

About this talk

"If I should have a daughter, instead of Mom, she's gonna call me Point B ... " began spoken word poet Sarah Kay, in a talk that inspired two standing ovations at TED2011. She tells the story of her metamorphosis -- from a wide-eyed teenager soaking in verse at New York's Bowery Poetry Club to a teacher connecting kids with the power of self-_expression_ through Project V.O.I.C.E. -- and gives two breathtaking performances of "B" and "Hiroshima."

About Sarah Kay

A performing poet since she was 14 years old, Sarah Kay is the founder of Project V.O.I.C.E, teaching poetry and self-_expression_ at schools across the United States. Full bio and more links

Cheers

Claire

Claire Amos
Director of e-learning
T +64 9 630 5963
Silver Rd, Epsom, Auckland 1023, New Zealand
T +64 9 630 5963    F +64 9 638 9143
www.eggs.school.nz

Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.18.

Top of Page