Sympa Menu

ictenglish - [ICTs in English] RE: Can any one help with e portfolios?

Subject: ICTs in English

[ICTs in English] RE: Can any one help with e portfolios?

  • From: "Claire Amos" <am AT eggs.school.nz>
  • To: <ictenglish AT mailinglist.tki.org.nz>
  • Subject: [ICTs in English] RE: Can any one help with e portfolios?
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 09:47:45 +1200

Hi Robyn,

You could also check out the videos on EdTalks about ePortfolios – some great viewing!

http://www.edtalks.org/tag-keyword/eportfolios

Also, I would be keen to hear the intention/purpose of the ePortfolios, as this will impact on  which tool you might like to work with. For  example is it about the process, sharing drafts and getting feedback, or is it about archiving artefacts and evidence of learning??

Moodle assignments work well as a drop box, but if you would like the ePortfolio to be more about sharing work, formative assessment and feedback I would suggest students using www.blogger.com, or using a Google Site and creating an “announcements” page for each student in your class, and then share editing rights with all of your students. The announcements pages work like blogs and allow you to comment on their posts, and allows the class to view and feedback on one another’s work. The posts can be multi-media, as you can insert images and video.

However if you want the ePortfolio to be more of a showcase of final work, the MyPortfolio would work well. If you are using Moodle 2.0 students can export their work from Moodle  to MyPortfolio fairly easily.

Here is some other support info for:

Gogle Sites: http://www.teachingandelearning.com/2010/11/handy-handout-introduction-to-google_27.html

Moodle 2.0: http://www.teachingandelearning.com/2011/03/moodle-20-for-teachers-illustrated.html

Cheers

Claire

Claire Amos

Director of e-learning

T +64 9 9706 821

Twitter: @ClaireAmosNZ

Blog: www.teachingandelearning.com

cid:3366002796_203921

Silver Rd, Epsom, Auckland 1023, New Zealand
T +64 9 630 5963    F +64 9 638 9143
www.eggs.school.nz

This email message is privileged and confidential. If you are not the
intended recipient please delete  the message  and notify the sender.