Sympa Menu

ictenglish - [ICTs in English] Re: ICTs in English Weekly Update

Subject: ICTs in English

[ICTs in English] Re: ICTs in English Weekly Update

  • From: Kelly Faulkner <kelly.m.faulkner AT gmail.com>
  • To: ictenglish AT mailinglist.tki.org.nz
  • Subject: [ICTs in English] Re: ICTs in English Weekly Update
  • Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2011 11:40:35 +1200

hi claire. google is offering the doodle4google comp in nz again this year (years 1-10). registration of schools closes soon. here is the site:  http://www.google.co.nz/doodle4google/

i wrote a blog post over the hols with some tips: http://neoblog-teachersadventure.blogspot.com/2011/07/tips-for-nz-doodle4google-competition.html

cheers,
kelly

Kelly Faulkner
AHOD, English Department
Napier Boys' High School
Chambers Street
Napier 4110
06 833 5900 x 860
http://about.me/kellyfaulkner

On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 8:59 AM, Claire Amos <am AT eggs.school.nz> wrote:

Morning all!

Welcome to the start of Term Three.

Hopefully you managed to have a bit of a break.  Not surprisingly, the ICTs  in English forum was quiet over the holidays but I am sure as the term gets underway there will be more activity.

Are you aware of the online community newsletters issued for Literacy/English/ESOL communities?   To receive these newsletters visit

Upcoming Event

EduCampAKL

10-3pm

Saturday 6th August

Epsom Girls Grammar School

Silver Rd

Epsom

Auckland

"EducampNZ is a user-generated 'unconference' focused on e-learning and education. We're all about growing our learning, networking, and, of course, having fun! Everyone is invited to participate in some way..."

The event is free (gold coin koha for the host school is welcome), community-generated by volunteers, and anyone is welcome to come along anytime to share and exchange ideas. No real agenda is set and it will be up to you to determine the focus for the sessions, grow your learning, network and have fun!

To register your interest, or find out more, go to:

http://acesnet.wikispaces.com/EduCampAKL+2011

Twitter tag: #educampAKL

To find out what happened last year, check out Fiona Grant's video of the day: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axJGzcAGjTQ

Looking forward to your contributions and discussions this term.

Kind regards

Claire Amos

Facilitator: ICTs in English community

www.englishonline.tki.org.nz