Sympa Menu

ictenglish - [ICTs in English] Re: handheld technology futureshock

Subject: ICTs in English

[ICTs in English] Re: handheld technology futureshock

  • From: Kelly Faulkner <kelly.m.faulkner AT gmail.com>
  • To: ictenglish AT mailinglist.tki.org.nz
  • Subject: [ICTs in English] Re: handheld technology futureshock
  • Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 15:32:15 +1300

actually, they require a 1:1 device and only recommended the ipad. the
kids can bring anything. that got lost in the hysteria of "making" the
news.

Kelly Faulkner
AHOD, English Department
Napier Boys' High School
Chambers Street
Napier 4110
06 833 5900 x 860
http://about.me/kellyfaulkner

On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 3:03 PM, Justin McLean
<J.McLean AT mangere.school.nz>
wrote:
> So Orewa College are insisting that parents purchase iPads for their
> children… whereas some schools in the UK are paying for smartphones and
> iPads for their (especially underprivileged) students   see here . Makes me
> want to shout (I mean tweet) futureshock!
>

> I wait impatiently for my 2006 Motorola to die while dreaming of a future
> that is already here.
>

> Cheers
>

> Justin (analogue native)

Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.18.