Sympa Menu

ictenglish - RE: [ICTs in English] Weekly summary 29 Nov - 5 December

Subject: ICTs in English

RE: [ICTs in English] Weekly summary 29 Nov - 5 December

  • From: "Sheree" <principal AT taoroa.school.nz>
  • To: <ictenglish AT lists.tki.org.nz>
  • Subject: RE: [ICTs in English] Weekly summary 29 Nov - 5 December
  • Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2011 09:03:19 +1300

Hi Tracey,

Three cheers for the Ipads. I have just secured some for our kids and we now have one for every child. Not only is motivation to complete simple tasks like writing or computation in creative way high amongst children they seem to naturally take to some of the apps we have loaded on that enable more creative flare!! Eg puppets production has allowed one of our creative sorts the ability to retell his story in a funny way. The pedagogy I see coming from this is more independent and multiple pathways. The simple thing is our kids are living in a digital world rather than bury out heads and say – is it learning…Is EOTC learning when we live in a wonderful beautiful place….

If its new don’t be scared…think of ways to embrace it and use it creatively rather the ignore it.

Sean