Sympa Menu

ictenglish - [ICTs in English] Webinar on encouraging, developing and sharing writing ICTs

Subject: ICTs in English

[ICTs in English] Webinar on encouraging, developing and sharing writing ICTs

  • From: Hamish Chalmers <hchalmers AT ashs.school.nz>
  • To: ictenglish AT lists.tki.org.nz
  • Subject: [ICTs in English] Webinar on encouraging, developing and sharing writing ICTs
  • Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 16:53:56 +1300

Hi everyone,

Big exciting news!!! Well, it's at the very least, some potentially interesting information.

I'll be running the first in a series of webinars next week, Wednesday the 14th at 4pm. It's on ICTs to encourage and assist students in developing and sharing ideas through writing (creating meaning). The tools I'm planning on looking at so far are: various blogging tools, google docs and e-portfolios. I'll give a brief intro on the topic, some practical the tools could be used in English courses and give a short demo of the tools themselves.

We'll be using Blackboard Collaborate for the webinar. The link that will allow you to join the webinar on the 14th is:
https://sas.elluminate.com/m.jnlp?sid=2010128&password=M.41FBA2DE6B62FABCE6586EA81FA1D8

There are tutorials on using Collaborate and setting it up here:
http://www.blackboard.com/Platforms/Collaborate/Services/On-Demand-Learning-Center/Web-Conferencing.aspx

It's not too difficult to get working and to use. The first time you enter a session you might need to install a few java bits and pieces (just click yes lots if you're not fussed. I've also started a test session you can join any time from now to get things going (which will probably be empty but give you a chance to try out the tool) here:
https://sas.elluminate.com/m.jnlp?sid=2010128&password=M.AF2E70B50A6F2F67596B3C0B813539

Feel free to email me with any queries before then! I'm also happy to add other appropriate tools to the webinar before next week.

Hamish Chalmers
Facilitator: ICTs in English
http://englishonline.tki.org.nz/

Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.18.