Sympa Menu

ictenglish - RE: [ICTs in English] living through trauma

Subject: ICTs in English

RE: [ICTs in English] living through trauma

  • From: Christine Jeffs <cjeffs AT waikato.ac.nz>
  • To: ictenglish AT lists.tki.org.nz
  • Subject: RE: [ICTs in English] living through trauma
  • Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 10:38:03 +1200

Have a look at the author Deborah Ellis – Parvana, Parvana’s Journey, and Shauzia  ( Breadwinner trilogy).  Her most recently published one – Kids of Kabul , is a series of interviews with boys and girls aged from 10 – 17, talking about their lives now in Afghanistan. Also Patricia McCormick’s book published earlier this year – All Fall Down, the story of a boy and his resilience under the Pol Pot regime.

Any/all of these books are well worth reading

Christine Jeffs

Te Toi Tupu Literacy and English Language Learning

Faculty of Education P.B. 3105, Hamilton 3240 New Zealand

144 Knighton Road, New Zealand

+64 7 858 5075 ext 6801, Mob +64 274707031

cjeffs AT waikato.ac.nz

www.tetoitupu.org