Sympa Menu

ictenglish - [ICTs in English] gaming etc

Subject: ICTs in English

[ICTs in English] gaming etc

  • From: "Catherine Lee" <le AT eggs.school.nz>
  • To: <ictenglish AT lists.tki.org.nz>
  • Subject: [ICTs in English] gaming etc
  • Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 09:56:28 +1200

Hi Edwin,

Excellent points. You (or someone else on this list) might be the right person to help me find the online game that my literacy students loved a couple of years ago – I lost the URL L

It’s a free online game where a number of people internationally join a game that gives you several letters which you have to find words in – an anagram game like Boggle. I think games are one minute. I know there are lots of boggle-type games available.

However, what is so compelling to students about this game is the aspect of competition. Students see their aliases alongside those of others in their class, as well as several other random people from anywhere in the world. It counts down to when your game starts, & the game then starts with whoever has entered. It shows the scores of everyone in that particular game, and there was great excitement in the room as students vie to beat each other as well as the strangers competing. They didn’t realise they’re practicing their spelling! Much more engaging than Freerice et al.

Be great if someone can please remind me…

Regards

Catherine Lee

Epsom Girls Grammar

Catherine Lee

English &

Teacher Librarian

T +64 9 9706741

Silver Rd, Epsom, Auckland 1023, New Zealand
T +64 9 630 5963    F +64 9 638 9143
www.eggs.school.nz

This email message is privileged and confidential. If you are not the
intended recipient please delete  the message  and notify the sender.
Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author.

  • [ICTs in English] gaming etc, Catherine Lee, 05/11/2012

Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.18.

Top of Page