Sympa Menu

ictenglish - Re: [ICTs in English] Weekly update, April 17 - 23 - More Computer Games!

Subject: ICTs in English

Re: [ICTs in English] Weekly update, April 17 - 23 - More Computer Games!

  • From: Judine Ladbrook <j.ladbrook AT auckland.ac.nz>
  • To: "ictenglish AT lists.tki.org.nz" <ictenglish AT lists.tki.org.nz>
  • Subject: Re: [ICTs in English] Weekly update, April 17 - 23 - More Computer Games!
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 01:04:44 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US, en-NZ

Title: Re: [ICTs in English] Weekly update, April 17 - 23 - More Computer Games!
Here’s a small start then:

Burn, A. (2004). From the Tempest to Tomb Raider: Computer games in English, Media and Drama. English, Drama, Media, 2004, 19-25.

Gee, J. P. (2003). What video games have to teach us about learning and literacy. New York: Palgrave Macmillan.

Gee, J. P. (2007). Good video games and good learning: Collected essays on video games, learning and literacy. New York: Peter Lang.

Mackereth, M., & Anderson, J. (2000). Computers, video games, and literacy: What do girls think? Australian Journal of Language and Literacy, 23(3), 184-196.

Owston, R. D. (2009). Comments on Greenhow, Robelia, and Hughes: Digital immersion, teacher learning, and games. [Electronic Version]. Educational Researcher 38, 270-273. Retrieved January 18, 2010 from http://edr.sagepub.com/cgi/content/abstract/38/4/270

Watkins, S. C. (2009). Young and the digital : What the migration to social network sites, games, and anytime, anywhere media means for our future. Boston, MA: Beacon Press.