Sympa Menu

ictenglish - Re: [ICTs in English] Literacy timetables

Subject: ICTs in English

Re: [ICTs in English] Literacy timetables

  • From: Yvonne Lovelock <yvonne.lovelock AT xtra.co.nz>
  • To: "ictenglish AT lists.tki.org.nz" <ictenglish AT lists.tki.org.nz>
  • Subject: Re: [ICTs in English] Literacy timetables
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 07:59:44 +1200 (NZST)

Hi  Susan and Col

A suggestion,  I have the opportunity of visiting a number of classes in a number of  schools daily and I have noticed the brain food/snack time does not take 5 minutes and can stretch up to 20 minutes (you try eating a delicious crispy NZ apple with no front teeth).   If I had my own class I would timetable this into my task board time during literacy time so that there is no down time e.g  another reading group/writer conference could be taken in this time if the whole class doesn't stop at the same time. Just a suggestion.

Good luck with your decision making
Yvonne