ictenglish - Re: [ICTs in English] iPads

Subject: ICTs in English

Re: [ICTs in English] iPads

  • From: Raewyn Donnell <raewyndonnell AT gmail.com>
  • To: ictenglish AT lists.tki.org.nz
  • Subject: Re: [ICTs in English] iPads
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 14:22:04 +1300

Its a HUGE leap of faith! Here are some sites to get you going....

https://www.teachingchannel.org

http://www.edmodo.com

http://www.edcanvas.com

https://www.polleverywhere.com/login

https://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/doodle-buddy-paint-draw-scribble/id313232441?mt=8

http://evernote.com/skitch/

If you use twitter follow Stephen Harris @Stephen_H  for daily updates on sites

http://www.teachingandelearning.com

It becomes addictive. One site leads to another and so on. I am looking at starting my classes with their own edmodo pages linking to edcanvas
Then there is having reading groups operating through the Goodreads app
they will be orientating themselves around the school using googlemaps and doodle buddy
It can be overwhelming - the sheer volume of information out there is astounding.
Jump in. Google BYOD. Google 'using ipads in the classroom' and feel free to share if you come up with anything exciting

Raewyn