Sympa Menu

ictenglish - Re: [ICTs in English] The Perks of Being a Wallflower

Subject: ICTs in English

Re: [ICTs in English] The Perks of Being a Wallflower

  • From: Robert Everett <r.everett AT wellington-college.school.nz>
  • To: ictenglish AT lists.tki.org.nz
  • Subject: Re: [ICTs in English] The Perks of Being a Wallflower
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 08:17:03 +1300

G'day,
I had a read of this book and absolutely loved it, but felt that some of the themes might be a bit touch-and-go with the conservative types around these traps.  I would put it at Twelve if I had the courage.  I would read it with the text Submarine, Catcher in the Rye and these John Green texts (Looking for Alaska) that everyone is emailing about.  Please, if you do teach it, let me know how it went and who with.  A great book, had me choking up a few times

Rob