ictenglish - RE: [ICTs in English] Weekly update - More goodness on technology helping with feedback and reflection

Subject: ICTs in English

RE: [ICTs in English] Weekly update - More goodness on technology helping with feedback and reflection

  • From: Leone Baylis <LeoneB AT fairburn.school.nz>
  • To: "ictenglish AT lists.tki.org.nz" <ictenglish AT lists.tki.org.nz>
  • Subject: RE: [ICTs in English] Weekly update - More goodness on technology helping with feedback and reflection
  • Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2013 21:53:19 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-NZ, en-US

Hi there

From my experience, there is a huge diversity among students with Aspergers and Autism, just as there is among any of our students. Individual students may find The Curious Incident .. useful or interesting but it may be more useful to your non-aspergers students.

I wonder about using some of the comic programmes around – such as Comic Life – to encourage appreciation of the perspectives of others? This adds the visual cues that many students with Aspergers have been taught to appreciate by Yr 10. If they can show the thoughts and feelings of a character in comic form, they may be able to move towards assessing it in characters in other formats.

Leone