Sympa Menu

ictenglish - [ICTs in English] 25 Nov - Literacy Update for Māori Learners

Subject: ICTs in English

[ICTs in English] 25 Nov - Literacy Update for Māori Learners

  • From: Catriona <catriona.pene AT core-ed.ac.nz>
  • To: "ictenglish AT lists.tki.org.nz" <ictenglish AT lists.tki.org.nz>
  • Subject: [ICTs in English] 25 Nov - Literacy Update for Māori Learners
  • Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 14:13:34 +1300

The latest update from Jason. : )

Tēna koutou,

I recently attended ULearn 2013 for the very first time as a delegate and was hugely inspired by this amazing experience. I attended a number of hands on workshops with a Māori and literacy focus with the objective of exploring ways to support Māori learners.

ULearn’s first keynote presenter, Ken Shelton, set the scene with an engaging, relevant and practical message for all educators.

Follow the link below to read some of the key points I have summarised using Educreations:

http://www.educreations.com/lesson/view/ken-shelton-s-keynote-message-ulearn13/12429235/?s=KO53Mo&ref=appemail

As the end of the year approaches I have three questions for you to reflect upon in relation to Ken’s message.

  •  Inclusion - Which technologies are you incorporating with your learners?
  • Transformation - How has this transformed your teaching and their learning?
  • Amplification - How have your students shared their learning with others?

As educators we need to take risks to inspire, motivate and transform teaching and learning.

To end I have included the following link which demonstrates how a simple change can have an impact on people’s behaviour. I look forward to and welcome any feedback in the community.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lXh2n0aPyw

Kia kaha tātou,

Jason Ruakere

Māori Facilitator

Literacy/English/ESOL Online

http://englishonline.tki.org.nz/

  • [ICTs in English] 25 Nov - Literacy Update for Māori Learners, Catriona, 10/25/2013

Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.18.

Top of Page