ictenglish - [ICTs in English] E-learning update - 27 November 2013

Subject: ICTs in English

[ICTs in English] E-learning update - 27 November 2013

  • From: Catriona <catriona.pene AT core-ed.ac.nz>
  • To: "ictenglish AT lists.tki.org.nz" <ictenglish AT lists.tki.org.nz>
  • Subject: [ICTs in English] E-learning update - 27 November 2013
  • Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 14:34:33 +1300

Kia ora all,

This week we are looking at E-portfolios, Appraisal and Registered Teacher Criteria.

As we race towards the end of another year, some of you may be thinking about embarking on a new role, looking for a new job or taking on some study in 2014. It is a great time to reflect on what we have achieved and set new goals for the coming year.

Many of you may be dusting off the c.v, scratching back through your diary to update your work history or desperately searching for the certificate gained in a recent course. What if there was a better way of organising your professional teaching and learning journey? What if you started or added to an existing blog or wiki and created yourself an e-portfolio of sorts?

This afternoon Stephanie Thompson joins Tessa and I for a webinar on e-Learning, appraisal and teacher registration. You can sign up to join us here or view the recording afterwards.

We will be looking at how Stephanie has blogged her 2 year journey to registration and has tagged each entry against the RTC.

Useful links.
PPTA Teacher appraisal resources and guidelines.
NZ Teachers Council registered teachers criteria.
NZ Teachers Council resources.

Video
Multipurpose e-portfolios - Richard Knuckey from Queen Margaret College uses e-portfolios for collecting and sharing work in three ways: staff professional development; student progress; and as a learning tool.

Do you already have an e-portfolio? Or are your inspired to begin one now?
We would love to hear your stories and share in your e-portfolio journey, please drop us a line and tell us your story.

We too are looking ahead to another year and seeking some feedback from you in order to improve our service.
Please take 5 minutes to complete our survey

Ngā mihi nui nā

Catriona Pene

e-Learning Facilitator

English, ESOL & Literacy Online

Twitter - @CatrionaPene

  • [ICTs in English] E-learning update - 27 November 2013, Catriona, 11/27/2013